Search This Blog

Wednesday, January 3, 2007

Mr.Bungle and the meaning of Sounds...


zipp

....Right...




I'm going into my old school music resample search quest of suddenly I found my favorite Mr.Bungle first CD, before I knew it I was jumping all over again, checked the www.cdnow.com to see what people think about the album and to my astonishing surprise a fine man wrote exactly what happen to me when I first head the album, so instate of trying to make it up I just simply going to copy paste what he wrote !!! I can't explain it more then that..it's like the words came out of my own mouth...




Here we go:




This record has destroyed my fragile little mind., May 8, 2000Imagine the following situation: Its 1991, Mr. Bungle is suggested to me from my brother, who is currently discovering cool music in college. I'm in ninth grade. That night while doing my homework, I popped in Mr. Bungle. I remember everything up to this point very clearly.
The next hour is gone.
What I do remember is the true Fear that I felt when the album stopped spinning and I came to. Fear of how closed minded my musical sense was. Fear of what I didn't know or understand. My head hurt. How could someone have even thought up this delightfully evil music? Who was this Vlad Drac fellow and what planet was he from? The only reasonable explanation at the time was that I had witnessed the music of Satan, himself.
So, I quickly called all of my friends and within days, I distributed about 20 more copies of Mr. Bungle throughout my high school. To say the least, it affected us all on a life-changing level.
Granted, I was at an impressionable age but Mr. Bungle changed the way I look at everything in the music industry. Once tolerable, Bungle has proven that the Top 40 is completely worthless. Music isn't for fun anymore. I can't apprecite it unles it affects me both mentally and phsyically. Bungle has raised the bar on what I consider worthwhile. A catchy tune will never be enough again.
I have a bitter sweet love for Mr. Bungle. They forced my mind to expand long before it was ready. I really wish that I could sit in my car and bob my head to the latest Matchbox 20 song, or makeout with some Celine Dion blasting in my living room, but I can't.
Mr. Bungle, thank you for pounding the last nail into my pop culture coffin.
Be careful with this record. It will change the way your ears work.




!!! So true, thank you Alexander D Victoria you totally reminded me what unbelievable music is!!!




Adida The Fallen Angle

No comments: